WHY YOU SHOULD BUY OUTDOOR SOLAR LIGHTS
Everyone needs some form of light outdoors when the dark settles in. Whether your needs center around providing light along your driveway and entrance for when you arrive home, or lighting your beautiful deck with solar post cap lights for gathering with friends, we all want light.
There are two common choices for lighting your home and landscape; electric power or the clean energy from solar powered lights.
ELECTRIC OUTDOOR LIGHTING FACTS
- Electricity has been around since 1805, way before our time, we're comfortable with how it works
- Light will come on by flipping a switch, clapping, or using a timer. Of course, IF you don't have a timer, haven't bought a clapper, or the electricity goes out, you will come home to darkness. Why do you want to do that?
- Outdoor electric light fixtures are incredibly expensive to install when you have to hire an electrician and trench to run the wiring.
- Electric light fixtures add to your electric bill every single day, and every time you flip that switch to have light.
- Yes they’re nice and bright, but do you really need that much light that dips into your pocketbook and our natural resources every day? Do you really like giving so much money to electric power companies?
- Electricity is not a renewable energy unless you are creating electricity from wind turbines, solar panels, or ocean waves. These resources are much better for the environment, but are very expensive to purchase.
To conserve our natural resources, everyone should consider as many off-grid choices as possible. This applies to new outdoor solar lighting installations, and to converting your existing electric light fixtures to solar.
All you need are sunny locations when you install solar carriage lanterns, or solar lamp post lights, so the sun can charge the battery through the solar panel.
Why Should You Install Outdoor Solar Lights?
- Solar powered lights are renewable energy, they consume nothing except free charging from the sun and the small amount of space they inhabit.
- Solar LED lights are dependent only upon the sunshine, and a charged battery by the sun, so you will have light securing your home even during blackouts or storms that knock out the electric power. This is a major benefit in some areas of the country prone to ice storms or tornadoes, or California's electrical blackouts each summer.
- LED Bulbs last from 50,000 to 100,000 hours. Based on 10 hours per night, they last 14 to 27 years! Basically the solar panel and circuitry will give out before the LED bulbs. How many years do you get from your Incandescent or Halogen light bulbs?
- LED chips are not hazardous waste. When LED bulbs finally go out, you just recycle or throw the fixture away and purchase a new solar fixture! Burned out electric bulbs must be discarded and will never disintegrate, adding to our garbage dumps forever.
- CFL light bulbs do save energy and help fight global warning, but they contain Mercury, a neurotoxin especially dangerous to children and unborn babies. It is very important to never break one of these bulbs at home, and is illegal in some states to throw them in the trash.
- The Solar Light manufacturers are constantly improving the Technology to give you a better product.
- Circuitry has been improved to accept multiple, larger wattage LED bulbs, giving you brighter illumination at night.
- This same improved circuitry uses a stronger battery voltage that increases the duration of light each night, and the intensity of light emitted from the LED bulbs.
- Solar Panels are more powerful on newer fixtures, Amorphous mono-crystalline solar panels will charge the battery to an extent even on cloudy days, so you will have light when the sun goes down. The newest solar panel is a Poly-Crystalline, which incorporates all the greatest improvements into a smaller package.
- When you install solar lamp post lights, all you need is the sun to have light at night. There will be no need for trenching to install wiring, no electrician required, and no need for panic when you open your electric bill.
- Solar fixtures are easy to install, all you need is a steady hand if placing ground stakes, or to screw in a wall mount plate with the hardware that’s always provided.
- You put the pole light in the wrong spot?? No need to pay the electrician even more, it's solar, just dig a new hole and move it! You can rearrange your solar lights any time, and not worry about wiring.
- Design and style choices keep expanding. You can choose from various LED colors on solar deck post cap lights and wall mount carriage lanterns. You have options for finishes to match the exterior of your home. Whether it’s a color or architectural style, you will find a design that will look great with your home.
- There is nothing that puts a smile on your face faster than watching all of your solar garden stake lights, or a swarm of butterfly and dragonfly color changing solar stake lights come on all by themselves every single night. And they don’t cost a penny to operate!
- Maintenance is next to nothing. The batteries will need to be changed every couple of years, and once in awhile you can wipe off the solar panel with a damp cloth to remove dust and debris. A clean solar panel allows for a better charge from the sunlight.
- Solar carriage lanterns and lamp post lights come in a variety of lumens. You can add warmth and a soothing ambiance to your home with less lumens, or additional security and brightness to your entrance and yard with lamp post lanterns with Bright White LED and higher lumens.
- You have the ability to put all of your creativity and imagination to work to create the greatest backyard and garden ever. It doesn't matter if you do this for your kids and grandkids, or if you do it just for your own pleasure. With our incredible selection of animal shaped solar lights, color changing solar stake lights, and metal yard art decor, your outdoor living space and garden will be the very best - ever! From whimsical to fairy tale, or just plain fun, enjoy the outdoors again.
- And finally, for all of our outdoor fountain lovers, our solar water fountains with battery backup are the best thing to happen lately. No water line is required, no electrical wiring is required. You can set the solar bird bath fountain with battery backup on your deck, and enjoy the soothing sound of the waterfall knowing there are no operating costs to pay.
By now you're really bored with all of this reading, but wait, here's the good stuff since surely you have been convinced to light your home with solar.
THE MANY USES OF SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS
- Install as driveway, walkway and path lights for safety and a beautiful glow at night.
- Wall lights can be installed at your entrance, of course, but also on your pillars, garage, and workshop. Low profile fixtures fit on railing and columns to point the light down at your stairs.
- Use fence post cap lights on your deck, by your entrance, and to light your entire pool area or fence line.
- Improve your outdoor living space with a solar cascade water fountain for your deck, or a bird bath for your garden.
- Garden stake lights can be mixed in throughout your plants, flowers and right in the middle of your plant containers.
- Solar Stepping Stones can be used to create a lighted walkway to your pool, seating area, storage shed or your favorite garden area.
- Solar address lights will benefit your new friends, and guide delivery companies and emergency vehicles to you.
- Brighten up your trees with solar hanging lanterns or solar string lights
- Light up your Boat Dock, or even your Boat, nothing gets better sun than a Boat for sure. We have low profile deck rail solar lights that work wonderfully for boat docks.
- Install an indoor solar shed light so you will be able to find what you need at night
- Create fun for kids and grand kids with a cluster of solar animal lights, or some turtles and frogs.
- Make a dream come true with a whimsical garden full of fairy solar lights and solar angels to put a smile on your face every day.
Solar outdoor lanterns, lamp post lights and garden stake lights will save you money each month by letting the sun do the charging. Do your part for the environment in your corner of the world, to help your children and their children have a normal and healthy life, by buying outdoor solar lights.